Sunday, May 8, 2011

May 8, 2011

May 8, 2011

Happy Dia de la Madre to the most wonderful mother in the world! I love you more than you know, Mom!

Today, we went to church here in Salamanca. The branch is super teeny, but it was still enjoyable. I couldn't tell you everything that was said, but it was church nonetheless. In relief society, there was the 7 of us girls from Utah, the teacher, and one other sister. Having lived in Alpine my whole life, I cannot imagine being in a ward that small! 

After church, we came back to the house for lunch and siesta. Ana made us spaghetti and pizza with some salad and it was super delicious! I also finally got up the courage to tell Ana that I don't like fish and she actually took it quite well so now I'm feeling very relieved! 

After siesta, we went and studied in the park. Every week, we have to read a legend out of our Leyendas de EspaƱa book, answer the questions at the end of the chapter, and then respond to the prompt that Liliana gives us. So I worked on that today while Liliana was there to answer my questions. 

Around 8, I returned home and attempted to Skype my mom for about an hour, but I didn't have any success. The Internet here is super finicky and will just stop working at random so it's hard to do stuff with Internet in the house. 

For dinner, we had scrambled eggs and French fries. The scrambled eggs are a little different because they taste like scrambled eggs and they look like scrambled eggs, but they are all stuck together and it almost looks like its fried on both sides. Kinda interesting. 

Since dinner, we have just been doing homework and stuff. I tried uploading pictures from my camera to Facebook, but it wasn't working, so hopefully I can figure out how to do that sometime soon. 

Well. It's almost one o'clock in the morning and we have school tomorrow so I must get to bed! Buenas noches! 

No comments:

Post a Comment