Saturday, May 28, 2011

May 27, 2011

May 27, 2011

Today was great! I got my grade for my exam and I did alright. I got Notable, which is above average, so I'm satisfied. I took a picture of my class and I got a picture of me with 2 people from my class. I love the custom here of kissing on the cheek! At the end of my classes today, my professors both said "Buen viaje! Un beso!" Which means, "Have a good trip. A kiss!" So then you do the 1 kiss on each cheek! It's wonderful! Ha ha I'm adopting it when I get home, so watch out! 

After class, we went home and had lunch and siesta. I read and texted my mom during siesta. I'm missing out on going to the cabin this weekend with the whole family, but I just keep reminding myself that I'm in Spain :) 

At 5, we met up and had a YouTube party at the school ha ha we watched some of our favorite YouTube videos, so that was fun. Then we went and got chocolate con churros at Valor, which is the most amazing place! So yummy! 

Then I went and got a few more gifts, then came home for dinner. 

At 9:45, we left again to go to El Cielo de Salamanca at the Plaza de Torros. It was a bunch of people reading random poems in Spanish as some artists painted. Kinda strange. 

Afterwards, we went to the plaza and got some ice cream and just sat in the middle of the plaza just talking for a while. We talked about some really cool stuff and time flew by! When I looked up at the clock tower, it was 1 AM!! So we came home and now I need to sleep! 

Oh but I wanted to mention really quick that here, instead of boys whistling at you, they make kissing sounds! Ha ha so when we walk down the street, random men, young and old, roll down their windows and make kissing sounds as they drive by! It makes me laugh every time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment