Sunday, May 1, 2011

May 1, 2011

May 1, 2011 - 1:30 AM

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY WONDERFUL BROTHER!! I know that it is still the thirtieth in the states, but it is the first here. By the time I post this it will probably be the first!! 

Today, as I mentioned before we went to the temple. After the temple, we went to the Museo del Prado. They had lots of cool paintings including a ton from Goya and Velasquez. After the museo, we came back to the hotel for siesta and just took it easy until we went to dinner. Here in Spain, they eat dinner very late, so we didn't go to dinner until 9:30 and we were the second group to arrive at the restaurant! We left the restaurant around 11 and just walked around Madrid. We went down a particularly sketchy street (only because Liliana was with us and she allowed us to) and I can now say that I have seen legit prostitutes. Freaky!! But we walked all around Madrid and saw lots of cool buildings and went into a little mercado. We got back around one but there are still lots of people outside. I'm on the sixth floor of my hotel, facing the street, and I hear sirens and horns honking all night long! Pero no me importa! 

Tomorrow, we leave for Salamanca. We are stopping in Segovia on the way, so I am excited for that! 

Well I must get ready for bed! Buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment