Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May 25, 2011

May 25, 2011

Today was another fun day! School went well, but I'm super nervous because we have our exam tomorrow that helps determine our grade for the class. So that's kinda stressful. My grammar teacher was making me laugh so hard today because she, like every other Spanish woman, is obsessed with Brad Pitt. So we randomly started talking about how we say different names in America. She asked how we say Penélope and I said it and then she asked how we say Belén, which is her name, and I told her that we don't have a different name for it. So then she said that the only reason we know Penelope is because Penélope Cruz is famous. Then she started saying that once she marries Brad Pitt, Belén will become a popular name. Then she said she would be the favorite teacher at the university because she would bring Brad to class with her! Ha ha we were all laughing so hard! She always says that she will marry him, but Angelina gets to keep all the kids. 

We came home for lunch and had bean and potato soup, pork, and salad. Then, I started to study for my exam tomorrow. Our teach says it won't be very hard, but of course that's easy for her to say. Then I took a little nap. When I woke up, I studied a little more and then walked to the post office to buy some more stamps. I'm always stressed when I have to go to places and just speak Spanish when it's important stuff that's being said, but I was just fine :)

Then I met up with the group and we went and saw Pirates of the Caribbean (Piratas del Caribe)!! It was quite an adventure! It's all just voiced over and translated into Spanish. I've been surprised at how many American movies they have here! I would be so frustrated if I lived here though because it's all just voiced over so the lips don't match with what's being said. But whatever. I didn't understand the movie very well, but it was fun anyways!  Afterwards, we all went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant! It was soooo good! It had been so long since I had eaten Mexican food so I was in heaven! Then I went to a book store and bought... Harry Potter y el Prisionero de Azkaban!! I'm excited! 

Then we walked down to the plaza and hung out there for a while. But now I'm back home and I need to get studying! Buenas noches! 

No comments:

Post a Comment