Thursday, May 5, 2011

May 4, 2011

May 4, 2011

Today was a wonderful day! It was super busy, but so fun! In the morning, we had our breakfast, which is always toast with jam and Nutella, and then we went to class. Class went well and I feel like I just keep getting better and better!  I'm so glad! After class, I went to the Correo (post office) and bought lots and lots of stamps! 

Then we went back to our house for lunch and I had my first exposure to paella! Paella is a traditional dish of Spain so I was very excited! However, it had shrimp and oysters in it! So... Once again, I ate as much as I could, but I definitely didn't finish. The rice was very good, but the seafood... not so much. 

Then Adelay and I took a siesta. However, we forgot to set an alarm, so we slept a little bit longer than planned. And by longer, I mean that we slept for two hours! So we woke up at 6:45, which is the time we were supposed to leave. So we jumped out of bed and grabbed our stuff and ran to the school! 

At 7, we started our Servillanas class! It was so fun! Servillanas is basically Flamenco dancing. It brought back memories of my 8th grade Dance Company days ha ha the teacher was 67, so that was kinda strange, but it was still fun! The class moved super fast, and because the class is only an hour long, we only learned 2 of the 4 movements and we didn't have too much time to practice, but it was still so fun! 

Afterwards, we went back to the house to eat. Ana made ham and cheese sandwiches again, and I don't know what it is, but I LOVE them! They are so yummy! Oh and for the first time since we have been here, we had an apple for dessert instead of strawberries. Ana asked, "Como se dice fresas en Ingles?" So we told her "strawberries" and she kept say "strawbellies!" But we felt bad to correct her ha ha 

After dinner, we met up with our group at 10 at the school. Everyone stays up late in Spain, so we figure we should too! So we just wandered around Salamanca. We took lots and lots of pictures! We went to a couple churches, found a sweet statue, and went down to the river. We were walking around for two hours and then at midnight, I got to celebrate my birthday in Plaza Mayor! So we took a picture and then we went home.

Today was one of my favorite days since I arrived in Spain!

No comments:

Post a Comment