Friday, June 3, 2011

May 31, 2011

May 31, 2011

Today has been a good day!! We woke up and went to class. My grammar class was half way through learning subjunctive, which I haven't learned since ninth grade, so I have a little catching up to do, but that's okay. It will be good for me to push myself. 

We returned home for lunch and had lentil soup with some chicken and then these little fried mashed potato balls that were super delicious. 

For siesta, I read for a while and then fell asleep. We had a late night last night so I we really tired. Our room is really dark so it's perfect for an afternoon nap.

At 5, we went to the school to watch a movie they were showing. It was called Pan Negro and it was super weird. I didn't understand much, but no one really seemed to. After about an hour of the movie, we decided to leave and go up to the roof of our school. I had never been up there, but it is gorgeous! It has all these trees and plants, lots of tables and chairs, and then a little pool that you can just stick your feet it. It's about the size of a hot tub, but the water only comes up to your knees. So we sat there for about 45 minutes and just talked while we soaked our feet in the cool water. It felt so good! 

Then I came back and just hung out and read until dinner. For diner we had a vegetable soul with ham and cheese sandwiches. It was good. After dinner, I met up with Alan, Briana, Jill, and Kristin in the Plaza Nueva. Alan taught us how to play all these different kinds of poker. I'd never played poker and we weren't betting anything, but it was a lot of fun! 

Well, hasta maƱana! 

No comments:

Post a Comment