Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June 25, 2011

June 25, 2011

What a day! We woke up this morning, got ready, got all of our things together and said goodbye. I can't believe that I have been here for four weeks! It was sad to say goodbye to Mercedes, but I am so excited to go to the beach and then see my family! 

I loaded my bags on the bus (all four of them :)) and then we started driving. There was a crazy bus accident on the freeway so traffic was slow. Eventually, we made it to the monastery where Christopher Columbus left his child when he sailed to America. They also have life-size replicas of Columbus's ships that we got to walk around on. We took lots of pictures and had lots of fun. 

Then we drove a little but longer to Lepe, where our hotel is. Lepe is a little beach town and the weather is wonderful! So much cooler than Sevilla, but it's still hot! I like it! Our hotel is a two star this time, so it's a nice upgrade. It's funny because I don't know if it has been on purpose but the 3 hotels that we have stayed in have all had single beds. I swear in the US, they are always double beds. 

So we got to our hotel, and went to find a place to eat. We went to a little hamburger restaurant that was good. Then we went back to the hotel, changed into our swimsuits, and hit the beach. The beach is super shelly an the water isn't super clear, but it's a beach nonetheless. There was also a MASSIVE jelly fish that got washed up on the beach so we got to look at it up close. It was cool but freaky! We swam a little and played cards and just talked. It was fun. 

Then we came back to the hotel, showered off, and went to dinner. The hotel has a dinner buffet, but it was sub par. But oh well. Afterwards, we went walking around the beach and took some pictures. 

We came back and watched 17 Again in Alan and Daniel's room. They had never seen it, so it was funny. After the movie, I fell asleep on Alan's bed for forever! We finally came back to our room around 2 and now I'm dead tired! Good night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment