Wednesday, June 15, 2011

June 15, 2011

June 15, 2011

Right now, I am sitting on the roof of my apartment watching a lunar eclipse. Crazy, right? Unfortunately, the moon wasn't even visible when it was a total eclipse, but some of it is still covered so it's still cool :) 

Today I had class, which just went as normal. Subjunctive is getting a lot easier and I am learning a lot of vocabulary and phrases I can use! I'm really liking it! 

We came home for lunch and then at 3:15, we met up to go on a tour of the cathedral. The cathedral is the third largest cathedral in the world after St. Peter's Basilica in Vatican City and St. Paul's Cathedral in London. I don't know what the fourth largest is, but I know I have at least seen the three largest ones! It was so cool! There is a really tall bell tower connected to it, La Giralda, that we climbed to the top of. It was 35 ramps and 17 steps to the top. There were spectacular views from the top! 

Afterwards, we went back to the school and soaked our feet in the pool for a little while and then we played cards. It was about 98 degrees today, so we didn't want to do too many things in the sun. I came back later and had dinner with Adelay and Mercedes. 

After dinner, Adelay and I walked down to the river to try and see the eclipse, but the moon was nowhere in sight! So we went back to our apartment and I read for a while and then at 11:20, I came up to the roof to see if I could see it, and I could. I have come inside since I began writing this entry because I was afraid of getting eaten alive by mosquitoes. Adelay came up to the roof around 11:35 and we talked for about and hour about lots of things. I feel like I get really frustrated with Adelay really easy so it was good to just sit and talk and realize that we really are really similar. 

However, now it is 2 AM and I need to sleep! Hasta maƱana! 

No comments:

Post a Comment