Sunday, June 19, 2011

June 19, 2011

June 19, 2011

Today was a really slow day, but it was so nice to just relax. We got up and took the bus to church. We weren't able to go last week, so it was good to be back at church. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but the dress code at church here is a little more lax. There are women in tank tops and some in jeans and some men wear jeans or shorts. I'm sure some people just don't know any better or they don't have the means, but it just makes me smile. All of the women always great with un beso, or kissing each cheek. I honestly love that custom. Anyway, church went well. I love the church. 

After church we rode the bus back home. We had lunch with Mercedes and then the rest of the afternoon was ours! I wrote 3 letters, sent some emails, and read my book. Like I said, it was nice to relax. 

For dinner, we had a typical Spanish meal: tortilla and gazpacho. Coincidentally, these are the two things that we have learned how to make in our cooking classes, so I will probably make them when I return home. Speaking of home, in 2 weeks from now, I will be spending my last night in Spain before returning home. I can't believe how fast it has gone! I can't wait to see my family in 8 days and my friends in 15! 

Well, I want to get a full nights sleep tonight so I'm off to bed! Adios! 

No comments:

Post a Comment