Friday, June 17, 2011

June 16, 2011

June 16, 2011

Today was both busy and relaxed. Class in the morning went well. I didn't think I would be able to keep up in my class, but I think it has been really good for me. I feel like my conversation skills have improved a lot. 

After class, we went home and had lunch. Mercedes' daughter and grandson were there again, so that was fun. 

At 4:30, we had a cooking class at the school. We made gazpacho, so that was fun. I like gazpacho, but it's not my favorite. Sorry, dad :) 

Afterwards, we went up to the roof of our school and soaked our feet in the pool. Daniel said he was too hot, so he just got into the pool fully clothed! Ha ha then he pulled Briana in and then Alan got in. I was taking pictures, so I didn't get in. After they got out, we played cards until they dried off. Considering Briana was in jeans, we were playing cards for a very long time. 

Around 8:30, I returned home. Mercedes came into our room and told us to come out to the balcony. We came out and there was a big parade/procession starting. She said it was part of Rocío, which I still don't really understand, but it was cool to watch. After the procession ended, we went back in our room and I read for a little while. Then, we had dinner with Mercedes. I wasn't really hungry, so I didn't eat much. 

At 10:30 (well it was supposed to be 10:30 but everyone was late) I met up with Briana, Kristen, Jill, and Alan. We walked through the city to this really cool park. We hung out there for a while, took some pictures, and talked about the church. Can I just say that I am so glad that my group is all LDS. I love being able to talk about the church. 

However, it is now very late and Adelay is already sleeping. Hasta mañana! 

No comments:

Post a Comment