Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 4, 2011

July 3, 2011

Today was such an amazing day!! We got to sleep in for a little while because we went to Hard Rock Cafe last night at 1:30 and didn't get back until around 3! So we slept in a little bit and then we all got up and got ready. We drove the car and parked near the Sagrada Familia. We grabbed a couple pastries as we walked towards it which were delicious! And then I got to cross la Sagrada Familia off of my Places to See Before I Die List! It was incredible! It was so much bigger than I expected it to be! The architecture was amazing and it was beautiful! We got to take an elevator to the top of one of towers and look out over Barcelona. The view was gorgeous and it was so cool to be so high up! I'm so glad that we were able to go. It was definitely worth it! 

After the cathedral, we went to a park that Gaudí designed. We wandered around there for a little while. As we were leaving, a girl came up to me and asked if she could interview me for a documentary class that she's in. There were two other girls with her with huge camera equipment that filmed while she asked me questions about why I take pictures, so that was kind of interesting. 

Then we went and drove past an apartment building that Gaudí designed that is wavy and looks super cool! 

Then we went and found La Rambla, which is a long street filled with shops. We just wandered around there, looking around and watching all of the different street performers. We also ate dinner on this street. 

Afterwards, we drove past the FC Barcelona soccer stadium! It was huuuuuge! Barcelona is the current European champion of soccer. I was here for two of the games that they played in, so that was cool! 

Then we came home and packed up our stuff. I can't believe I go home tomorrow. I have been in Spain for over 9 weeks and it feels like I just got here last week! I'm excited to go home, but I think I will miss Spain! Ahhhh! 

No comments:

Post a Comment